Emerging Cntractor Programme
The Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal emerging contractor programme was established with the view of developing the business acumen of emerging contractors within the building industry by guiding and supporting them in maintaining sustainable businesses.
Formal training interventions were identified as critical to improving the business and contracting skills of the beneficiaries.
The modules selected form part of the qualification National Certificate: Construction Contracting. At the end of each module, participants are given certificates of attendance. On completion of all modules, they are awarded with completion certificates.
The programme entails the participation of mentors and mentees who are given a platform to share business experiences and challenges. The objective is to enhance their skills and ability to manage similar challenges in future and to track their performance.
The mentorship programme comprises:
- One-on-one sessions, including telephone, email and visits by the mentor to projects undertaken by the mentee.
- Group sessions
- Onsite visits to entities able to demonstrate best practices in the various aspects of construction activities.
The emerging contractors need to understand that it takes determination and more to run a successful business. Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal will continue to facilitate the development of emerging contractors in the construction industry through training and business enhancement interventions.
Free Emerging Contractor Programme – training & mentorship
Members are hereby invited to participate in the Master Builders KwaZulu-Natal Emerging Contractor Programme at no cost. The programme:
- Consists of 2 phases: training and mentorship
- Assists contractors to achieve their business goals
- Contains training modules from the National Certificate in Construction Contracting
- Assigns a mentor to each contractor. The mentor will guide the professional development of the contractor
- Is available to Association members as well as Federated Employers Mutual Assurance Company (FEM) members, whose annual turnover does not exceed R4 million.
To participate, please complete the application form below and email to firstname.lastname@example.org